Monday, July 20, 2009

A TRIP INTO THE UNIVERSE

“The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.”
– John Muir


It is now t-minus 24 days and counting until The Big San Francisco Vacation.

My first big day trip after I get the beautiful City by the Bay, will be a trip by car across the Golden Gate Bridge. There I will make my way into the Muir Woods.

Just beyond the Marin headlands it is there - an old growth coastal redwood Sequoia forest. I can feel the peace of it right now.

I have never been there. I have never seen trees this big and majestic. This will be awesome!

I'm also going to go out to the Muir Beach Overlook. This is one spectacular view of the seemingly endless Pacific Ocean.

I will drive over the bridge this way:












Then I go into the Muir Woods, where I will see sights like these:


























When I’m done, I’m going to go knock around in Sausalito for a while.

I'll take lots of photos and make many notes.

Then I’ll finish my brilliant day with another brilliant meal and some good wine. I’m sure I’ll be feeling the effects of having made my way into the Universe. :)

Polla Filia,
J.F.

No comments:

Post a Comment