Sunday, January 3, 2010

THE FRUIT OF THE VINE

The holiday vacation is about to come to an end. **sigh**

It has been a great break - much needed. I have re-grouped and re-prioritized and I am ready to move forward on many goals.

I have some great plans for the new year, and I’m excited about that.

There were a lot of good things I thought about/discovered/decided during this time off. Most of them were big things, and too personal for this blog. I also made some real progress on the next novel, which is very exciting and good news for me.

Symbolic of good discoveries during this time is a bottle of wine I found. Finding it was total chance. I stumbled over it in the wine section of my grocery store! I had a good feeling about it. It has a good price point. I took a chance, and as soon as I un-corked it I knew my small risk had paid off in a big way. It’s a beautiful Zinfandel from Sonoma called Rancho Zabaco. It is smooth and rich and it spoiled me for some other wines I had. That’s how good it is.

I’m hoping that’s a harbinger for how my new year will go. I don’t drink champagne (it gives me a headache), so the Rancho Zabaco is what I drank to ring in my New Year. Maybe the new year will be as nice of a surprise as this new wine. I hope the year goes down just as smoothly - for all of us.

Polla Filia,
J.F.

No comments:

Post a Comment