Tuesday, August 11, 2009

THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW

"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow."
-- Mark Twain


It is now t-minus 2 days and counting until The Big San Francisco Vacation.

By the time FeedBurner blows this out into the universe, it will be t-minus 1 day. Wow!

The next two nights will be slim on sleep, I think. There is too much anticipation and excitement in my brain.

I am looking forward to the time alone in a crowded city - it is the paradox of aloneness and crowds. It is a perfect state for me. My mind will center itself back into writer mode. The stories that try to play now, will spin up and run without so much struggle. The characters will be themselves, the locations will show me their place in the plot. Ideas will flood in. The confluence of time to myself, and the spirit of the place will create something unexpected. It will be the merging of me with San Francisco in that window of time.

The window begins the day after tomorrow. What I will find there is all the thrill.

Polla Filia,
J.F.

No comments:

Post a Comment